To answer the problems of densification of the cities, the Team Rhône-Alpes recommands Canopea, an innovating solar project of habitat integrating qualities of the individual habitat whithin a urban context.
Between urban density and quality of life
Canopea is a collective of small buildings, called “nanotowers”, which is inscribed within a neighborhood. Each nanotower is equipped with a system of mutualized external passageways, which offers space qualities similar to those of a detached house:
- 360° of freedom,
- the possibility of going around the house,
- a tolerable proximity of the neighborhood,
- the pleasure of shared common spaces which increase the individual space of life,
- the presence of plantations integrated in the construction taking the form of vertical farms,
- the access to public transportation and services of the area,
- the centralized management of the technical systems.
Canopea proposes a habitat which combines qualities of individual house and availability of urban services.